With Wi-Fi calling, you can make calls and send texts utilizing a reliable wireless internet connection rather than your carrier’s cellular network, which is a fantastic feature. This functionality might be quite helpful in places with weak cell service. However, for many of us, Wi-Fi calling is unnecessary and serves just to annoy us with additional notifications on our phones.
So, if you are one of those people who don’t like using the Wi-Fi Calling feature or find no use of it then you would probably want to turn off the feature on your phone. In this post, we will show you how to turn off Wi-Fi Calling on Android (Samsung, One plus, and more).
What is Wi-Fi Calling?
Making voice calls over a Wi-Fi network is now possible with the new Wi-Fi calling function included in LTE-enabled smartphones. Although it was added for greater connectivity, this function is also crucial for privacy and emergency situations. No matter how many signal bars are currently on your device, Wi-Fi calling will guarantee that you have maximum connectivity when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Turn Off Wi-Fi Calling on Android (Samsung, One plus, and more)?
Your Settings app makes it simple to find Wi-Fi calling. If your manufacturer wasn’t mentioned above, just open the Settings app and check your Sim card choices for Wi-Fi calling. Depending on your manufacturer, you can adhere to one of the instructions below.
On devices using Stock Android
There are simply a few easy actions you need to take on the majority of Android devices in order to disable Wi-Fi calling.
- Navigate to the settings app on your phone. To bring down your fast access menu, simply slide down from the top of your screen and hit the cog icon.
- Tap on “Network & Internet” in the Settings app, then tap “Mobile Network” to access the mobile network.
- Verify that the VOLTE toggle is turned on at the top.
- Now tap on ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Wi-Fi calling’.
- To turn off Wi-Fi Calling on your device, switch off the toggle at the top.
That’s all, then! You have now disabled Wi-Fi calling the on your Stock Android handset. This method also works for Google Pixel devices.
On Samsung Devices
Disabling Wi-Fi calling on a Samsung handset is even easier than it is on an ordinary Android device.
- First, launch the app on your phone, then tap the three vertical dots near the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find Wi-Fi Calling after selecting Settings.
- To disable Wi-Fi calling, simply flip the quick toggle button to the off position.
On OnePlus Devices
Toggling with the Wi-Fi calling settings on your OnePlus device is also quite similar like you do on Stock Android devices.
- On your OnePlus smartphone, open the Settings app.
- Select “Mobile Network” by tapping it.
- To launch “SIM Info & Settings,” press the SIM card that is currently in use. If you are using a dual SIM device, tap the SIM card you want to stop utilizing for Wi-Fi calling.
- The Wi-Fi calling option may be found under the “Data Roaming” section.
- To stop utilizing the feature, select Wi-Fi Calling now, and then turn the toggle switch off.
How to enable Wi-Fi Calling?
The Wi-Fi calling feature on your smartphone is similarly simple to enable. Simply follow these instructions and toggle Wi-Fi calling back on in your phone app’s settings if you ever wish to.
In case you’re unclear, you can access the mobile network option in the Settings apps to enable Wi-Fi calling. Select the SIM card that you wish to disable Wi-Fi calling on now. Now click on Wi-Fi calling and toggle it on.
How does Wi-Fi Calling work?
As is obvious, Wi-Fi Calling enables you to place calls online as opposed to using your carrier’s network, cell towers, or landlines. Due to the circumvention of conventional cellular networks, calls can now be made even in areas where voice capabilities are often degraded. So, you can make calls via any wireless internet connection, Wi-Fi calling enables you to do so.
Therefore, Wi-Fi calling allows enterprises to avoid using traditional telecommunications providers. Even if cellular networks are down, you can still stay connected as long as you have an internet connection. You will typically need to download an app in order to use Wi-Fi calling from your computer.
One choice is to use well-known Wi-Fi calling services like Skype or Google Hangouts, which are excellent for private talks with loved ones. A FaceTime audio call is an example of Wi-Fi calling on a smartphone. Through the Wi-Fi networks of the two parties, these calls only function between iPhones.
Benefits of Wi-Fi Calling
In terms of speech quality and call reliability, calling over Wi-Fi is superior to calling over cellular. When you use Wi-Fi calling rather than only using your mobile carrier to make calls, you even save some battery life and bandwidth.
You can place calls using a Wi-Fi connection if you have the Wi-Fi calling capability. In addition to preserving talk time, the capability is useful in locations with poor mobile reception but strong Wi-Fi connectivity.
Wi-Fi calling enables companies to adopt the hybrid workplace. Teams are operating from various locations more frequently now. Wi-Fi calling makes remote communications simple and smooth. It’s a future-proof, cost-effective, all-in-one communication solution.
Also, read – Best Free Wi-Fi Calling Apps
Leave a Reply